Auto-Tune SQL/MX Plan Analysis and Tuning Plugin
Current version: 1.5.0
We are now in production. You can download the software and try it for a limited time. Don’t forget to keep up to date to get all the latest features.
SQL/MX Auto-Tune is a plug-in created by Nexbridge Inc. for ECLIPSE that helps developers and database analysts evaluate SQL execution plans specified in C++, COBOL, and Java code. With it, you can analyze existing plans, try out new plans, and evaluate the effects of CONTROL QUERY DEFAULTS on statements in your code.
Auto-Tune maintains a history of your evaluations, so you can go back in time and see what changed in your plans.
Key Features and Benefits
- Explain plan comparisons, including graphical comparisons of multiple statements.
- History of plan assessments.
- Support for embedded statements.
- Support for SQL statements in quoted strings (Java).
- Heuristics for automatically finding beneficial CONTROL QUERY DEFAULTS.
- Wrap an SQL statement with the CONTROL QUERY DEFAULT used as part of tuning.
- Automatically download JDBC Type 4 Driver.
Installation Instructions for Auto-Tune in ECLIPSE Juno:
- Start ECLIPSE
- Open the
Help/Install New Software...menu
- Add an Update Site with the URL: http://www.nexbridge.com/Eclipse/Juno.
- Open the site and select the Auto-Tune product under Development Tools.
- If you want to perform analysis on Java code using JDBC, including custom queries in Spring and Hibernate, also select the Auto-Tune Java Connector under JDT Connectors.
- Click on Install.
- Once ECLIPSE restarts, either:
- Use the New… Other… SQL/MX Auto-Tune JDBC/MX Connection wizard to perform the initial setup; or
- Open Windows/Preferences and select SQL/MX Auto-Tune to set up your server connection.
- Once ECLIPSE restarts, open your source code, then right-click and select the Explain Selection command to obtain SQL/MX Explain Plans.
Auto-Tune is a commercial product subject to license conditions. You must have a valid up-to-date and paid-for license to use Auto-Tune. Terms and conditions apply. Auto-Tune licenses are available either for workstation or by bulk licensing. For volume discounts, product data sheets, and quotes, please contact your Nexbridge sales representative. To purchase a license, you must supply an Email address and valid MAC address on your workstation. This information will be used for licensing only. Once we have verified your purchase, we will send a license key to you via email.