Nexbridge is pleased to partner with comForte to announce the release 1.6 of NSGit, a GUARDIAN-aware front end for the massively popular git SCM product. This release includes support for both J-Series and L-series NonStop Servers.
News on the Jenkins Front!
Although NSGit has always been compatible with Jenkins, we are currently in Beta testing with our official NSGit-Jenkins plugin, that runs in both Local and Controller/Agent configurations. This means you can coordinate your NSGit-based application builds and deployments with jobs on other systems. Even better, pipelines are fully supported.
We are currently building the Jenkins Page.
NSGit 1.6.600 is Coming!
The NSGit 1.6.600 series is about to arrive. This release is a major upgrade with support for Jenkins and ECLIPSE plugins. We also have added a lot of textconv support so you can now diff ENSCRIBE data files that are managed inside NSGit. More details will be made available as we get closer to the January 1 release date.
NSGit includes support for features including:
- Unstructured file types, including code 101 and code 180 source files;
- Unstructured object files, including code 100, code 700, code 800 object files, TACLSEGF files and more;
- Structured file types, including DDL Dictionaries, Key-Sequenced files, Relative Files, and Entry-Sequenced files;
- SCOBOL POBJ files, with separate versioning of individual program objects;
- File name mapping, so you can work with the same files with extensions in OSS and NSDEE and without in GUARDIAN;
- Hierarchy mapping, so complex products like BASE24 can be managed across multiple sub-volumes within a hierarchy of folders in one or more Git repositories.
- GUARDIAN metadata support to allow fine-tuned control of critical attributes including extent sizes and alternate key file specifications.
- Release building and integrity control of object image folders for OSS and GUARDIAN.
- Full suport for the JGit engine as an alternative to standard git.
- EDIT/VS and TEDIT integration for commits and merge messages.
- Object and Data File difference engine (New!)
NSGit is both a source management system, as you would expect from git, and a release management system that can help you build final installable release products that include GUARDIAN file system components in a truly distributed fashion.
NSGit has come very powerful capabilities to manage BASE24, Connex, and other complex applications, including:
- Integrated RPQ management processes.
- Automatic build script customization for each user/clone via full integration with git clean/smudge filters
- Compatible with ACIMAKE build structures so you build only what you need to build.
Nexbridge is pleased to partner with comForte for world-wide distribution and sales of NSGit products and services. Your local comForte representative can help you with licensing and purchasing arrangements. Email email@example.com or contact comForte for more information.