Nexbridge is pleased to partner with comForte to announce the release 1.6 of NSGit, a GUARDIAN-aware front end for the massively popular git SCM product. This release includes support for both J-Series and L-series NonStop Servers.
News on the Jenkins Front!
Although NSGit has always been compatible with Jenkins, we are currently in Beta testing with our official NSGit-Jenkins plugin, that runs in both Local and Controller/Agent configurations. This means you can coordinate your NSGit-based application builds and deployments with jobs on other systems.
We are currently building the Jenkins Page.
Newly Announced Features for 1.6.421
NSGit has a lot of new capabilities introduced since 1.6.300. These include:
- Full suport for the JGit engine as an alternative to standard git.
- Better EDIT/VS and TEDIT integration for commits and merge messages.
- Extensions to the fsck command to provide more comprehensive metadata validations.
- New map-tree command to show the GUARDIAN-to-git hierarchy and name mappings.
NSGit includes support for features including:
- Unstructured file types, including code 101 and code 180 source files;
- Unstructured object files, including code 100, code 700, code 800 object files, TACLSEGF files and more;
- Structured file types, including DDL Dictionaries, Key-Sequenced files, Relative Files, and Entry-Sequenced files;
- SCOBOL POBJ files, with separate versioning of individual program objects;
- File name mapping, so you can work with the same files with extensions in OSS and NSDEE and without in GUARDIAN;
- Hierarchy mapping, so complex products like BASE24 can be managed across multiple sub-volumes within a hierarchy of folders in one or more Git repositories.
- GUARDIAN metadata support to allow fine-tuned control of critical attributes including extent sizes and alternate key file specifications.
- Release building and integrity control of object image folders for OSS and GUARDIAN.
NSGit is both a source management system, as you would expect from git, and a release management system that can help you build final installable release products that include GUARDIAN file system components in a truly distributed fashion.
NSGit has come very powerful capabilities to manage BASE24 and other complex applications, including:
- Integrated RPQ management processes.
- Automatic build script customization for each user/clone
- Compatible with ACIMAKE build structures so you build only what you need to build.
Nexbridge is pleased to partner with comForte for world-wide distribution and sales of NSGit products and services. Your local comForte representative can help you with licensing and purchasing arrangements. Email email@example.com or contact comForte for more information.