HPE NonStop NSGit
Nexbridge is pleased to announce the release 1.7 of NSGit, a GUARDIAN-aware front end for the massively popular git SCM product. This release includes support for J-Series, L-series, and V-series HPE NonStop Servers. NSGit is available for download from SCOUT using Product Number T1198.
The product data sheet can be found on the HPE Website.
If you need advanced assistance on general NSGit matters, including usage, automation, and how do advanced activities, you may purchase blocks of support hours. One support block is 25 hours and lasts for a period of one year from the date you purchase and is good for anyone on your immediate team. If you run out of hours, you may always purchase more. We maintain a log of your usage in our system.
Coming Soon: NSGit 1.7.200 / T1198L01^AAF / T1198H01^AAE
We are putting the final touches on the newest release of NSGit. Once this release is approved by QA, we will post details on what is coming and the release schedule.
NSGit 1.7.105 / T1198L01^AAD / T1198H01^AAC is Now Available!
The big change for this release is SSH content signing support and support for workflows that trigger when NSGit activities are performed, like pull. This dramatically improves product install and security effectiveness and efficiency, integrating with OSS ACLs, SafeGuard, and XOS. This release has been certified to run on HPE GreenLake systems. The def-translate program Java implementation is portable and able to run on any platform. That allow NSGit clean/smudge processing to participate in ECLIPSE and even Jenkins directly. There are also some big NLS enablement changes, including new language packages.
News on the Jenkins Front!
The official NSGit-Jenkins plugin now runs in both Local and Controller/Agent configurations. This means you can coordinate your NSGit-based application builds and deployments with jobs on other systems. Even better, pipelines and freestyle projects are supported. The NSIngot variant of this plugin works seamlessly with any SSH-based CI/CD system to make integrating even easier.
News on the ECLIPSE Front!
The NSGit ECLIPSE Plugin has also been updated with loads of new tools to help manage your NSGit metadata and synchronize your work between ECLIPSE/NSDEE and your GUARDIAN and/or OSS working directories. Release 1.6.810 has automatic integration with GMAKE and GUARDIAN compiler error parsers.
The NSGit 1.6.800 has been updated in January 2021. NSGit 1.6.808 provides major functional upgrades and integrations across the NSGit product line, including updates for ECLIPSE and Jenkins, allowing most commands to be run from either GUARDIAN or OSS, allowing much easier out-of-the-box scripting and integration with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Ansible and SSH-based pipeline scripting systems.
NSGit includes support for features including:
- git for GUARDIAN;
- Unstructured file types, including code 101 and code 180 source files;
- Unstructured object files, including code 100, code 700, code 800 object files, TACLSEGF files and more;
- Structured file types, including DDL Dictionaries, Key-Sequenced files, Relative Files, and Entry-Sequenced files;
- SCOBOL POBJ files, with separate versioning of individual program objects;
- File name mapping, so you can work with the same files with extensions in OSS and NSDEE and without in GUARDIAN;
- Hierarchy mapping, so complex products like BASE24 can be managed across multiple sub-volumes within a hierarchy of folders in one or more Git repositories.
- GUARDIAN metadata support to allow fine-tuned control of critical attributes including extent sizes and alternate key file specifications.
- Release building and integrity control of object image folders for OSS and GUARDIAN.
- Full suport for the JGit engine as an alternative to standard git.
- EDIT/VS and TEDIT integration for commits and merge messages.
- Object and Data File difference engine
- Advanced dependency management for build and deployment – contact us for details
- Extensive support for submodules and worktrees
- Automatic workflow execution and management when users perform specific options allowing advanced security and process flows
NSGit is both a source management system, as you would expect from git, and a release management system that can help you build final installable release products that include GUARDIAN file system components in a truly distributed fashion.
NSGit has come very powerful capabilities to manage BASE24, Connex, and other complex applications, including:
- Integrated RPQ management processes.
- Automatic build script customization for each user/clone via full integration with git clean/smudge filters.
- Compatible with ACIMAKE build structures so you build only what you need to build.
J-Series: 22.214.171.124, T1198H01^AAC
L-Series: 126.96.36.199, T1198L01^AAD
V-Series: 188.8.131.52, T1198L01^AAD
Nexbridge is pleased to have world-wide distribution and sales for NSGit products and services through Hewlett-Packard Enterprises. Email email@example.com for more in