Nexbridge has ported our NSGit software to z/OS 2.3 for use with MVS. It is called Ingot/MVS, the MVS-aware front end for the massively popular git SCM product.
Contact us to bring your MVS platform into your standard DevOps environment.
Ingot/MVS includes support for features including:
- git for MVS;
- Simple fixed and variable text files;
- Partition data sets;
- Object files;
- Binary file types and members;
- File name mapping, so you can work with the same files with extensions in USS and ECLIPSE and without any in MVS;
- Hierarchy mapping, so complex products can be managed across multiple groups within a hierarchy of folders in one or more git repositories.
- MVS metadata support to allow fine-tuned control of critical attributes including block sizes and record lengths.
- Release building and integrity control of object image folders for USS and MVS.
- Full suport for the JGit engine as an alternative to standard git.
- OEDIT integration for commits and merge messages (under development).
- Object and Data File difference engine (under development)
Ingot/MVS is both a source management system, as you would expect from git, and a release management system that can help you build final installable release products that include MVS file system components in a truly distributed fashion.
Ingot/MVS has come very powerful capabilities to manage complex applications, including:
- Automatic build script customization for each user/clone via full integration with git clean/smudge filters
- Compatible with custom build and Make structures so you build only what you need to build.