Job Opening: Gitling Support Analyst 1
Why would you want to have this job? We support a world-wide customer base. You will get to learn about the latest in DevOps technologies! Oh and also new support technologies, the management of financial and manufacturing applications, Jenkins, git, and other cool things.
What is a Gitling anyway? Start with git, add a bit of The Force, some youthful outlook, a few bits of humour, and you have a gitling.
Role and Responsibilities
Provides technical support to users by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; growing our technical support knowledge base:
Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
Participates in development of client training programs by identifying learning issues; recommending instructional language.
Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities; maintaining support scripts and rules.
Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
One needs to be skilled to manage various tasks across these functions, and not only do the bare minimum but try to constantly improve and create added value. Required skills are:
- Self-engagement, proactiveness*, creativeness, enthusiasm
- Analytical mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to details
- Good teamworking skills
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
* Sorry about the buzz-words. Sometimes, you know, you just have to, right?
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional working experience in git, GitHub and/or BitBucket
- Solid Understanding of GitFlow and Fork Flow processes.
- UNIX scripting (shell, awk, regex)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Programming experience in C, Java
- HPE NonStop Operations or Software Development Experience (1-2 years)
- ECLIPSE EGit experience (2 years)
- Jenkins Configuration
- Familiarity with AIML
Applicant/Employee must conduct themselves in a manner that permits occasional international travel. Applicant/Employee will have access to sensitive and confidential corporate and customer material and must be prepared to sign and enforce Non-Disclosure Agreements and maintain company and customer confidentiality at all times.
To apply: please send your resume to email@example.com.